Saturday, August 30, 2008

Hurricane Gustav

This is the same post I made on my other website, so if you have read it once, don't feel obligated to read it again.

As you probably know, Hurricane Gustav is hitting the Gulf right about now. My parents and most of my family are on the Gulf Coast(Orange, TX to be exact). Luckily everyone has made plans to be somewhere else when it hits. I would just like to say to all of the readers or anyone who happens to come across my blog to keep them and their homes in your prayers and thoughts. I know homes and the things in them are just "things". But they are my family's. It would be devastating for them to try and start over. My parents have been in the same house for over 30 yrs. I grew up in that house. I love my home. I love my family. I also have friends that are in Texas and more family/friends in Louisiana. I just hope and pray that everything will be ok for them when they return. It also bugs me that the weather channel is so worried about New Orleans, that is all fine and dandy, but what about the other people down there. They haven't said anything about the Texas coast or even closer to the border. I actually heard a weatherman say that "he HOPES it moves west so it doesn't hit New Orleans". I DON'T! (I wouldn't wish it on anyone.) I can understand how devastating it will be for New Orleans, but once again no one remembers anything about Hurricane Rita that hit my parents/family either. It is all about Katrina. Again, I understand it wasn't AS bad as Katrina, but there were still families left without homes, etc. And now here it goes again. So anyway, that is just my little vent session. To all of those in South East Texas I am thinking of you and praying for you! God bless Texas.

No comments: