Sunday, June 22, 2008

A day at the Beach

We took the kids to Yorktown Beach on Saturday. It is right by some CUTE shops and the Watermans's Museum. Milaya went there for a field trip at school. We had fun playing in the sand and eating a picnic lunch on the beach. Milaya said to me that she "couldn't believe that I am on a beach". It was pretty funny. Me neither! I am so excited to be near beaches again and we only had to travel about 30 minutes to get to this one!


Brock didn't want to keep his hat on. He did good for a while.



Brock liked playing in the sand.


Look, it's a mermaid!


This is a sailboat that does tours around the river. I didn't get to get a picture with the sails up. It would have been cool, oh well.

Hali posing in the water.
The girls at a fountain of bubbles.
Bubbles, my bubbles!
Look at the pretty flowers (Black Eyed Suzies) and the wonderful view!
I got ice cream, can you tell?

Milaya really sleeping and Hali fake sleeping, I love her hair!

We went to dinner that night next to the Williamsburg General Store and when we came out these "soldiers" were playing music, so we let the girls go and listen. I should have taken a video so you could hear it.

1 comment:

Karin said...

How fun to be close enough to go to the Beach! I love Hali's hair in the "sleeping" photo! Both girls have the most beautiful hair! My girls want to go to the beach now! They are a bit jealous! Thanks for sharing your adventure to the beach with us. We sure do miss you!
Loves and hugs to all!