Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I love my job!

I had a doula client/friend go into labor yesterday. She called me at 4:30 in the morning saying she was having pretty consistent contractions. I went to her house and we went to the hospital at about 6:15 am. We were only at the hospital waiting for her husband to arrive for about 10 minutes. He works near DC and had to travel about 3 hours to get home. She did awsome! They didn't know what they were having before they had her! I couldn't wait that long to find out! She had a beautiful baby girl at 1:52 pm, weighing 7 lbs 10 oz, 20 inches long. They don't have a name for her yet, but I will keep you posted. Here is a pic of the baby. I hope they don't mind. I so love my job helping bring babies into this world and into wonderful families!


Me and Baby Pea
They are calling her Baby "Pea" because they don't have a name for her yet, and their last name starts with a "P", so it just stuck. How cute is that!

2 comments:

Karena said...

What a sweet baby. I got to hold a 5 day old baby on Sunday and then take dinner over last night. Abi sure loves the babies and did pretty good at holding her all by herself.

Amanda said...

Hey, want to be around CO mid November? We are planning a home birth! I'm so excited to finally have a home birth! I love labor too!